Even a stopped clock....

Monday, April 16, 2007

Marathon Schmarathon

Enough is enough! I've heard more than is necessary about the bloody mini-marathon at this stage!
"I ran it 36 minutes, 4 minutes faster than last year!" Really? that's fascinating...
"It was great, I met Nora and Paddy and Mick and Josie there, we had mighty craic!" Good for you
"I think I'll do it again next year, you should do it too!" Noooooo.......!!
No more, change the channel, I'll even talk about the weather, X-Factor, whatever! just no more about this feckin' marathon!
God be with the days when the only people who ran marathons or half marathons were Frank O' Mara and John Treacy, now it seems everyone does them, and are only too eager to tell you all about it
I say we strap them to a chair Clockwork Orange style and make them watch the 'Marathon Man' from start to finish and then maybe, just maybe we might get some peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home